NAIA softball qualifier seedings and game times set
Simpson University Sports News
ROCKLIN, Calif. - The 2011 Cal Pac/Frontier NAIA national softball qualifier begins on Friday, April 29, with four games on the slate for day one. Host William Jessup, the No. 1 seed, takes on No. 4 Holy Names at 10 a.m. No. 2 Simpson will tangle with No. 3 University of Great Falls at noon. All contests for the two-day national qualifier will take place at Margaret Azevedo Park in Rocklin, Calif.
- No. 1 - William Jessup University
- No. 2 - Simpson University
- No. 3 - University of Great Falls
- No . 4 - Holy Names University
The double-elimination event continues with games at 2 and 4 p.m. on Friday. The losers of the first two games will meet at 2 in an elimination game. The winners of those first two games close out the first day of competition at 4 p.m.
Action continues on Saturday, April 30, at 2 and 4 p.m., with an "if necessary" game on the slate at 6 p.m.
The winner of this four-team event will receive an automatic bid to the 2011 NAIA softball national championships which take place on May 19-25 in Gulf Shores, Ala.
Friday, April 29
- 10 a.m. - GAME A - #1 William Jessup (26-16) vs. #4 Holy Names (16-21)
- 12 p.m. - GAME B - #2 Simpson (24-15) vs. #3 Great Falls (15-13)
- 2 p.m. - GAME C - Loser Game A vs. Loser Game B
- 4 p.m. - GAME D - Winner Game A vs. Winner Game B
Saturday, April 30
- 2 p.m. - GAME E - Winner Game C vs. Loser Game D
- 4 p.m. - GAME F - Winner Game E vs. Winner Game D
- 6 p.m. - GAME G - If Necessary
Contact: Derrick Pringle, Jr.