NCCAA National Tournament Game One Preview: No. 7 Simpson vs. No. 2 Emmanuel
Simpson University Sports News
REDDING, Calif. - The Simpson University men’s basketball team advanced to the National Christian College Athletic Association (NCCAA) National Tournament after winning the NCCAA West Regional championship game on March 10. The Red Hawks earned the No. 7 seed in the national tournament and will face the No. 2 Emmanuel College (Ga.) Lions at 12:30 p.m. (3:30 p.m. EST) on Wednesday, March 18 in Winona Lake, Indiana.
- Simpson takes on Emmanuel College in the first round of the NCCAA Tournament.
- Simpson has an overall record of 18-15 compared to Emmanuel’s record of 19-10.
- View the NCCAA DI Men's Basketball National Championship Bracket
The Last Time Out
- Simpson is coming off an 82-71 win over Bethesda University in the NCCAA West Regional Championship game.
- Marc Kirkland was the team’s leading scorer with 19 points. He also went 8-for-8 from the free throw line.
- Shaquille Jones was the second highest scorer with 18 points. Jones also shot an impressive 75% from the three-point line.
- Ian Corella also finished the night in double digits, having 14 points along with five rebounds and one block.
- Simpson shot 46% compared to Bethesda’s 45% for total field goals. Simpson was out-rebounded by six but was still able to clinch the win.
By the Numbers
- Simpson is averaging 77.5 points per game, and Emmanuel averages 76.3 points per game. Many of Simpson’s and Emmanuel’s team and overall stats also come out evenly.
- Emmanuel is riding a four-game win streak that the Red Hawks are hoping to stop.
Written by Hannah Saylor
Contact: Derrick Pringle, Jr.