Red Hawk 5-on-5 Basketball Tournament
In Support of the Simpson University Women’s Basketball Team
The Simpson University women's basketball team is putting together a women's 5-on-5 basketball tournament on July 30-August 1 to help fundraise for their 2013-2014 basketball season. The tournament will be made up of college/pro women's teams. Several semi-pro and professional (overseas) players will be playing in the tournament, as well as, some NCAA DI, local high school, and Shasta College standouts.
Date: July 30-August 1, 2013
Location: Heritage Student Life Center, Simpson University Campus
Time: 4 p.m.
Cost: $250 per team
The public is invited to come and watch the tournament. Children under five are free. General admission is $3.
- Red Hawks Select
- Red Hawks Travel
- Average Joe's
- Cruz Control
- Cedar Lanes
- DAP Hoops
- Team Keser
Tuesday July 30- Court One
- 4pm – Average Joe's vs. Cruz Control
- 5:15pm – Red Hawks Select vs. DAP Hoops
- 6:30pm – Red Hawks Travel vs. Average Joe's
- 7:45pm – Red Hawks Select vs. Team Keser
Tuesday, July 30 - Court Two
- 4pm – Red Hawks Travel vs. Cedar Lanes
- 5:15pm – Team Keser vs. Cruz Control
- 6:30pm – Cedar Lane vs. DAP Hoops
Wednesday July 31 - Court One
- 4pm – Red Hawk Travel vs. DAP Hoops
- 5:15pm – Red Hawk Select vs. Cedar Lanes
- 6:30pm – Red Hawk Travel vs. Team Keser
- 7:45pm – Cedar Lanes vs. Cruz Control
Wednesday, July 31 - Court Two
- 4pm – Team Keser vs. Average Joe's
- 5:15pm – Cruz Control vs. DAP Hoops
- 6:30pm – Average Joe’s vs. Red Hawk Select
Thursday, August 1 - Tournament Day (Single Elimination)
- No. 1 seed has first-round bye
- 2pm - No. 2 vs. No. 7
- No. 3 vs. No. 6 - Court One
- No. 4 vs. No. 5 - Court Two
- 4:15pm - #1 vs. winner of (No. 3 vs. No. 6) – Main Court (Full)
- 5:30pm - (No. 2 vs. No. 7) vs. (No. 4 vs. No. 5) – Main Court (Full)
- 7pm - Championship Game (No. 2 vs. No. 7 vs. No. 4 vs. No. 5) vs. (No. 1 vs. No. 3 vs. No. 6)
- 20 minute running clock
- Clock will stop on free throws and time outs
- The last two minutes of the second half clock will stop. If team is up more then 15 points, the clock will keep running.
- Five minute half time and five minute pre-game warm-up.
- Two minute overtime
- Each team gets four 30 second time-outs
- If a player/coach receives two technical fouls in a game or is dismissed from a game, they will have to sit out two games.
- Clock will stop on all free throws.
- College Rules
- There will be a 30 second shot clock.
- Players can foul out with five fouls.
- The three-point line is the red college three-point line (20ft 9in)
- Must have a coach on the bench. A player can NOT be a coach.
If you have any questions concerning the event or want additional information, please contact Derrick Pringle, Jr. at 530-226-4731 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.