Red Hawk 5-on-5 Basketball Tournament
In Support of the Simpson University Women’s Basketball Team
The Simpson University women's basketball team is putting together a women's 5-on-5 basketball tournament on June 22-24 to help fundraise for their 2012-2013 basketball season. The tournament will be made up of college/pro women's teams.
Date: June 22-24, 2012
Location: Heritage Student Life Center, Simpson University Campus
Time: 9 a.m.
Cost: $200 per team
The public is invited to come and watch the tournament. Children under five are free. General admission is $3.
- Simpson 1
- Tuscan Sol
- Northern California Savages (Yuba College)
- Team Weed (College of the Siskiyous)
- Team Shasta (Shasta College)
- Simpson 2
- Team Scrubbs
- Warriors (William Jessup)
Friday, June 22
- 4pm – Simpson 1 vs. Northern California Savages
- 5pm – Warriors vs. Simpson 2
- 6pm – Team Scrubs vs. Team Shasta
- 7pm – Team Weed vs. Tucson Sol
Saturday, June 23
- 8am – Team Shasta vs. Warriors
- 9am – Simpson 1 vs. Team Weed
- 10am – Simpson 2 vs. Team Scrubs
- 11am – Tucson Sol vs. Northern California Savages
- 12pm – Team Scrubs vs. Warriors
- 1pm – Northern California Savages vs. Team Weed
- 2pm – Team Shasta vs. Simpson 2
- 3pm – Simpson 1 vs. Tucson Sol
- 4pm – Warriors vs. Team Weed
- 5pm – Northern California Savages vs. Team Shasta
- 6pm – Team Scrubs vs. Simpson 1
- 7pm – Simpson 2 vs. Tucson Sol
Sunday, June 24 Tournament Play Single Elimination
- 8am – Pool 1 (1st Place) vs. Pool 2 (4th Place) – Game 1
- 9am – Pool 2 (1st Place) vs. Pool 1 (4th Place) – Game 2
- 10am – Pool 1 (2nd Place) vs. Pool 2 (3rd Place) – Game 3
- 11am –Pool 2 (2nd Place) vs. Pool 1 (3rd Place) – Game 4
- 12pm – Game 1 winner vs. Game 3 winner
- 1pm – Game 2 winner vs. Game 4 winner
- 3pm – Championship Game
- 20 minute running clock
- Clock will stop on free throws and time outs
- The last two minutes of the second half clock will stop. If team is up more then 15 points, the clock will keep running.
- Five minute half time and five minute pre-game warm-up.
- Two minute overtime
- Each team gets four 30 second time-outs
- If a player/coach receives two technical fouls in a game or is dismissed from a game, they will have to sit out two games.
- Clock will stop on all free throws.
- College Rules
- There will be a 30 second shot clock.
- Players can foul out with five fouls.
- The three-point line is the red college three-point line (20ft 9in)
- Must have a coach on the bench. A player can NOT be a coach.
If you have any questions concerning the event or want additional information, please contact Derrick Pringle, Jr. at 530-226-4731 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.